By Nola Sizemore
March 10, 2014
Photo submitted by Dan Robinson
Representatives from the Kentucky Heritage Council recently visited Lynch where they presented a commemorative plate to Bobbie Gothard, Tri-Cities Main Street director, for her work in the renovation and preservation of the old fire house in Lynch. The fire house was built in 1921 by U.S. Steel and donated to the city of Lynch in 1963. It will now house Quilt Pieces Antique shop and city souvenirs. Pictured are from left: Lynch councilmen Carl Collins, Terry Lewis, Gothard, Kentucky Main Street Coordinator Kitty Dougood, Lynch Mayor Johnny Adams, Kentucky Heritage Council Director Greg Potts and CMW Architect Brian Hill.