Harlan County sheriff’s deputies arrested two people on Tuesday accused of stealing a dog.
Donna Eversole, 34, and Albert Osborne, 50, both of Loyall, were arrested by sheriff’s Det. Danny Lewis and Deputy Mitch Alford.
According to the complaints, Paula Gregory claims that Eversole and Osborne took a dog belonging to her on July 27.
The complaints state Eversole and Osborne sold the dog knowing it was not their dog to sell. They confessed to sheriff’s Chief Deputy Winston Yeary they took and sold the dog, but were unsure of the name of the person to whom the animal was sold to.
Eversole and Osborne were charged with theft by unlawful taking over $500 and lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center.
Each were lodged on a $5,000 full cash bond.
In other police news:
• Paul Thomas, 35, Of Cumberland, was arrested by Cumberland Police Officer Cody Williamson on Monday.
According to the citation, Williamson arrested Thomas after finding him to be in possession of several white round pills. A white substance suspected to be cocaine was also found.
Thomas was charged with tampering with physical evidence, possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal possession of a legend drug, prescription controlled substance not in proper container, public intoxication by controlled substance, first-degree possession of a controlled substance, second-degree possession of a controlled substance and third degree possession of a controlled substance.
Thomas was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center without bond;
• Ronald Robinson, 32, of Harlan, was arrested on an indictment warrant by Deputy Travis Freeman on Friday. The indictment charges Robinson with first-degree trafficking a controlled substance, first-degree wanton endangerment of a police officer, possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
Robinson was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on an $8,000 bond secured by 10 percent;
• Donna Sue Brown, 26, of Harlan, was arrested by Lynch City Police Officer Rick Felt on an indictment warrant charging her with first-degree robbery. Brown was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $10,000 full cash bond.
• Brandon L. Parker, 32, of Harlan, was arrested by Kentucky State Police Trooper Jimmy Halcomb on Tuesday and charged with second-degree burglary and fourth-degree assault.
According to the complaint, Parker intentionally forced his way in the apartment of Scarlet Sykes and assaulted Makayla Gross. Gross was treated at Harlan ARH Hospital. Parker went to the apartment knowing he had a court order not to be on the property.
Parker was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $10,000 full cash bond;
• Kevin Shepherd, 41, of Baxter, was arrested by Harlan City Police Cpl. Jeff Owens on Wednesday on charges of second-degree robbery, two counts of first-degree trafficking a controlled substance and persistent felony offender. Shepherd was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $10,000 full cash bond.
Joe P. Asher may be reached at 606-573-4510, ext. 1161 or on Twitter #joe_hde