The Harlan County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at a Wallins Creek residence on Friday.
James Gooden, 49, was arrested at his residence in Billy G. Hollow, by deputy Mitch Alford on charges of trafficking marijuana, second-degree trafficking a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, prescription controlled substance not in proper container and third-degree trafficking a controlled substance.
According to a press release, information was received that lead to the execution of a search warrant. Upon searching the residence with the aid of K-9 unit Ice, 38 pills, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and $142 in cash were located. Also arrested was Wiley Belcher, 67, of Wallins Creek, who was charged with second-degree possession, third-degree possession, controlled substance not in proper container, operating motor vehicle under the influence and obstructed vision and or windshield.
Assisting at the scene were Sheriff Marvin Lipfird, Sgt. Miron Southerland, deputies Travis Freeman, Dee Dee Ulbrich, Matt Cope, Justin Lutrell and chaplains Bill Ball and Joey Robertson.
In other police activity:
* Kelly Blevins, 41, of Kenvir, was arrested on a charge of first-degree trafficking a controlled substance by the Lynch Police Department on Friday. Blevins was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $10,000 bond;
* Virgil Blevins, 47, of Evarts, was arrested on Friday by the Loyall Police Department on a charge of first-degree trafficking a controlled substance. Blevins was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $10,000 bond;
* Henry Brock, 51, of Bledsoe, was arrested on a charge of torture of a dog or cat by the sheriff’s office on Wednesday. Brock was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $2,000 bond;
* Christopher Weedman, 24, of Evarts, was arrested by the Evarts Police Department for probation violation on Wednesday;
* Carla Burgess, 53, of Evarts, was arrested on a charge of possession of a controlled substance by the Evarts Police Department on Wednesday.
Reach Joe P. Asher at 606-573-4510 or email@example.com