Kentucky State Police Trooper Josh Howard arrested two men Sunday for their alleged connection in an armed robbery at Dayhoit.
Howard stated in a press release that at approximately 1:25 a.m., he and three other troopers from Post 10 responded to the complaint.
Howard said Wendy Inman called Post 10 advising one white male had approached her in her driveway, presented a handgun and demanded money.
“Ms. Inman gave her purse to the gunman and he left on foot. However, Ms. Inman was able to identify a vehicle that was possibly involved in the robbery,” KSP Sgt. Jeremy Lee said. “Troopers quickly responded to the scene, obtained the information about the suspect and the vehicle that was possibly involved. Within minutes troopers were able to arrest two subjects believed to be involved in the crime.”
Howard arrested Charles Goins, 41, of Loyall, and Jonathan Bushnell, 28, of Harlan. Both were charged with first-degree robbery.
Howard is in charge of the investigation
Troopers Brandon Burton, Josh Brashears and Craig Miller assisted Howard at the scene.
In other police action:
* On Nov. 4 at approximately 2:55 p.m. KSP received a call concerning a robbery in the Ferndale community of Bell Clounty. According to a press release, two men entered the home of Charles York and assaulted him with a baseball bat. The perpetrators also took money, medication and a phone. According to the victim, the masked perpetrators were armed with a small handgun. York was injured during the altercation and was transported to Pineville Community Hospital for treatment. The perpetrators were driving a red Ford Explorer. The case is under investigation by Det. Bryan Johnson;
* Tasha Montanaro, 27, of Harlan, was arrested on Saturday by KSP Trooper Jared Boggs on a charge of intimidating a participant in a legal process. Montanaro was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a 10 percent $5,000 bond;
* Brian Harris, 24, of Harlan, was arrested by Harlan City Police Officer Derick Noe on a charge of first-degree possession of a controlled substance. Harris was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $5,000 bond;
* Ricky Whitehead, 32, of Cumberland, was arrested by Cumberland Police Officer Tyler Hensley on Friday. Whitehead was charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, operating on a suspended or revoked operator’s license, second-degree fleeing or evading police (on foot), second degree disorderly conduct, menacing, possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting arrest, third-degree assault, and two counts of contempt of court. Whitehead was lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center on a $5,000 full cash bond;
* Billy Boggs, 37, of Cumberland, was arrested by KSP Trooper Rodney Sturgill on Thursday on charges of speeding, operating on a suspended or revoked operator’s license, operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, carrying a concealed deadly weapon, first-degree possession of a controlled substance, no or expired Kentucky registration receipt, failure of non-owner operator to maintain required insurance and menacing;
* Virginia Brock, 50, of Lexington, was arrested by Harlan City Police Officer Hunter Luttrell on Friday on charges of third-degree criminal trespassing, menacing, alcohol intoxication in a public place, resisting arrest, third-degree assault and third-degree terroristic threatening.