All Harlan County elementary schools will be hosting an orientation day for incoming kindergarten students.
“We are hopeful that this orientation day will allow parents to see what our schools have to offer while easing fears involving the first day of school,’’ said Brent Roark, assistant Superintendent.
The orientation day is for kindergarten students, aimed at helping our youngest students make a smooth transition into school.
“We invite all incoming kindergarten students to take advantage of this opportunity,” said Roark. “We are hopeful this experience will help to ease some of the fears associated with a child’s first day of school.
“I encourage all of our parents to bring the kindergarten eligible children to the school in order to get acquainted with their teacher and to experience what school will be like next year,” he said.
Each school has chosen the date and time kindergarten orientation days will be best facilitated at their respective schools.
Kindergarteners who attend the orientation day can expect to meet their teachers and get a sample of what kindergarten will be like in the fall.
The following kindergarten orientation dates have been set for each school:
· Black Mountain elementary, May 9, from 9 a.m. to noon;
· Cawood elementary, May 9, from 9 a.m. to noon;
· Cumberland elementary, May 10, from 9 a.m. to noon;
· Evarts elementary, May 4, from 9 a.m. to noon;
· Green Hills elementary, May 9, 9 a.m. to noon;
· James A. Cawood elementary, May 14, from 9 a.m. to noon;
· Rosspoint elementary, May 9, from 9 a.m. to noon;
· Wallins elementary, May 9, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information on the kindergarten orientation event, contact your school or call the Central Administrative Office at 573-4330.