Hobo’s Santa wish list
Hobo the Wonder Dog is excited for Christmas this year. He is keeping his ear to the ground and his eye to the sky, in anticipation of the arrival of Santa Claus. Hobo is convinced he has been good enough for Santa to grant him at least one thing on his Christmas list. I must agree Hobo the Wonder Dog has been an exceptionally good boy this year. I am certain Santa Claus will agree and reward him with a toy and a treat.
Are you one of the millions of people who include their pets in holiday celebrations? If so, you are not alone. According to a survey conducted by the American Pet Products Association, 48 percent of dog and 38 percent of cat owners purchase Christmas gifts for their pets. We are including our pets in all aspects of our lives. More than ever before we are treating our pets as family members. The millennial generation are pushing the envelop of pet acceptance and the baby boomers are more than accepting of the change.
Whether you are purchasing a gift for your pet or the pet of a friend or family member—Hobo the Wonder Dog wants to share his Christmas wish list and pet gift buying guide with you. Remember, the cost of the gift is not important—what is important is the thought and love behind the gift.
· Squeaky toys! By far squeaky toys are Hobo’s favorite. From fetching balls to plush animal toys, if they squeak they are tops for Hobo. If the squeaker toys are a too much squeaking fun for you, try Hear Doggy Silent Squeaker toys. These toys are tuned to a high-frequency range only dogs can hear.
· Bark Box, although Hobo is not a subscriber many of his friends are — and they love them. I prefer control over the treats and toys I choose for Hobo. However, if you are looking for the perfect gift for your “grandpup” or “grandkitty” a monthly gift box geared for dogs (BarkBox.com) or cats (MeowBox.com) is a great gift idea that keeps giving all year. Doggie Box is a similar service from dog.com.
· Treats, again I am picky about treats for Hobo. Gifting treats can be a good idea, but check with pet parents on dos and don’ts when giving food items. My rule of thumb is always limited ingredients, made in the USA by a reputable company. Hobo’s trusted locally made treats, come from River Dog Bakery—you can never go wrong! (riverdogbakery.com)
· Elk Antler Chews, these chews are all natural, long lasting, no splintering or chipping, no harm to your dog’s digestive tract. Elk antlers shed naturally, so no elk are harmed to produce these treats.
· Dog beds, we go through several of these per dog yearly. Good beds are expensive and sure to be appreciated.
Dogs and cats are easy to impress—a belly rub, and extra love is all they really want. They will be content simply being with you and enjoying the company of family—no gift required. Our pets have a better understanding of the true meaning of Christmas than we do. If bearing gifts is your way of celebrating the season, we suggest keeping it simple and giving from the heart.
“Not what we give, but what we share. For the gift without the giver is bare” James Russell Lowell.
Holidays are better with a Dog — woof! woof! woof! Merry Christmas!
Hobo the Wonder Dog, Your guide to travel, health and fun. Please follow Hobo on Facebook at Hobo the Wonder Dog or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.